Monday, November 10, 2014

A letter from Oxford


Dear Friends

 

The group of amateur botanists with which I was travelling in Western Australia in September arrived in Ravensthorpe late one afternoon, and your group was kind enough to keep your wildflower exhibition open so that we could see it. We enjoyed it very much, and some of the exhibits helped us to identify species we had seen in the neighbourhood earlier in the day. I took away one of your woollen flowers, and thought you would like to see where it ended up - in my garden in Oxford, England, which was still looking very summery at the end of September.

 

One of your members may remember me, as we talked about the fact that we both came originally from Herefordshire.

 

I hope you felt your wildflower show to be overall as successful as it seemed to us.

 

Yours sincerely

 

Marilyn
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment