Open your diary and save these dates!
· Friday 6th September: Bush2Beach Art Exhibition opens at the Dunnart Gallery, Ravensthorpe (in between the Ravy Community Resource Centre and the Fire Station on Dunn Street). Opens at 6:30pm, awards presented at 7pm….Wine and cheese night for a gold coin donation upon entry! Come and see …or even buy…some great local art (but I warn you I’ve seen the quilt for raffle this year from Judy Harp and I am determined to win it!) The exhibition will be open daily for visitors until September 28th from 9am to 4pm.
· Saturday 7th September: The Ravensthorpe Wildflower Show is open daily from 9am to 4pm in the Senior Citizens’ Centre next to jubilee park until 17th September. Devonshire teas will be available during the day in the Red Room whilst the show is on, as will a stunning quilt display in the Community Centre (next to BP) with quilts and textiles from local ladies Judy Harp and Kerry Dickinson.
· Sunday 8th September: The Ravensthorpe Regional Arts Council amazing Homespun project will be officially opened at 2pm in the Red Room, followed by a High Tea Service. We would particularly like all the wonderful community members who have donated wool, time and flowers towards this project to attend! There is a return bus available from Hopetoun for this event. Inquiries to Sue Leighton on 0407 981301 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Wednesday 11th September: School Play! Ravensthorpe District High School presents the one and only performance of “Remote Control” at the school assembly hall (next to the swimming pool) at 3pm. A gold coin donation for the P&C would be much appreciated and afternoon tea will be served after the performance.
· Saturday 14th September: Wildflower Show Spring Market Day at Ravensthorpe IGA and Vintage Car display opposite BP.
· Saturday 14th September: Ravensthorpe District High School Fete from 10am to 2pm. Down at the school oval you will find Market Stalls, Bouncy Castles, Games, Show Bags and more…the Art Room is also open with an exhibition of student work and activities for kids to do.
· Saturday 12th October: Ravensthorpe Regional Arts Council, along with AusdanceWA presents Wheel of Fortunes, our community’s part in the state wide dance project Future Landings 2013. Held at the Jerdacuttup Wheat Bins…Free buses from Hopetoun and Ravensthorpe, the dance performance (by locals), a meal and light entertainment will provide an evening of joy and celebration of this great place we live and work in and the people we share it with! I can’t think of a better way to end a whole month of hectic fun and frivolity!
Phew…sure there’s more to it than that, so keep your eyes and ears peeled!